If you see a red exclamation mark in your project under the PROJECT SECTIONS sidebar to the left, this indicates that a specification has been updated since the last time you edited your specification, and it is now out of date. Don't worry, we have a quick and easy solution that will get you back to project specifying in no time.
If the specification has been updated, simply do the following:
- Look at the PROJECT SECTIONS sidebar to the left of your project.
- Click on the section that is being affected (in the below example, Carpentry).
- Click the blue UPDATE button next to the outdated specification(s).
The UPDATE button will add the latest version of that specification from Smartspec's database. All of your previous clause and option selections will be carried over to the latest version with a couple of exceptions.
- If the clause or option has been renamed.
- If the clause or option has been removed entirely.
- If a new clause or option has been added.
Still having trouble? Get in touch with us.